"My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt."
- Chuck Nevitt, North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice.
"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system!"
- Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President on the concept of a manned mission to Mars
"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."
- Dizzy Dean explaining how he felt after being hit on the head by a ball in the 1934 World Series.
"It is white."
- George W. Bush, when asked what the White house was like by a student in East London
"The war did not turn in Japan's favor, and trends of the world are not advantageous to us."
- Japan's Emperor Hirohito, announcing his country's surrender to America and its WWII allies, after two atom bombs had been dropped.
Did you know there are towns called Okay, Happy Chicken, Hell, Deadhorse, Why, Nothing, Nameless, Ding Dong and Monkey’s eyebrow in USA?
Police in Los Angeles had good luck with a robbery suspect who just couldn't control himself during a lineup. When detectives asked each man in the lineup to repeat the words, "Give me all your money or I'll shoot," the man shouted, "That's not what I said!"
A pair of Michigan robbers entered a record shop nervously waving revolvers. The first one shouted, "Nobody move!" When his partner moved, the startled first bandit shot him.
A Florida man, who robbed two men at gunpoint in their homes, dropped his wallet as he left and then called police to ask if they found the wallet. They said they did. They asked him to come down and claim it. He did.
The Most Stupid death
Aeschylus: A Greek playwright back in 500 BC. Many historians consider him the father of Greek tragedies.
How he died: An eagle dropped a tortoise on his head
According to legend, eagles picked up tortoises and attempt to crack them open by dropping them on rocks. An eagle mistook Aeschylus' head for a rock (he was bald) and dropped it on him instead.
Quotes about Stupidity
'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.' -Abraham Lincoln
'Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.' –Albert Einstein