Pages

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

BLESSINGS!!!!How often have we taken them for granted...amongst everything else in the world a healthy mind and a healthy body itself is a blessing....


I had an accident about 8 months back....at that time i was working in a corporate hospital doing 8hrs shift.. With the handing over and the other stuffs it would easily take 10hrs...that day i had morning shift...so i was pretty excited to go home coz i could have the day to myself...(rest all the days usually i was given afternoon shift which means i would reach home at 10...be dead tired sleep..wake up late morning and then hurry to work)...so that day my shift had ended...and i almost reached home...i was just a turn away from home...i just crossed a speed breaker (imagine how slow i cud have been since i just got off the speed breaker) and on going to the road that was just 50sec from my house...i saw a vehicle speeding like jet towards me...next thing i know is i was  thrown to the ground and to make it worse my activa fell on my leg....i was not in a position to think...but deep down...i was scared what the hell would have happened to my leg...it took quite a while for the on lookers to reach me.. They helped me up and i was pretty dizzy and was quite relieved to stand on my feet...but to my surprise my hand hurt quite a lot...i dint try to move it at the road...i was so very angry on the one who was responsible for that..Infact he hit the brake long back and i was in such a position...if he had hit me in the speed he was coming probably i wouldn't have existed now even...i was so angry...the crowd called my dad...they were arguing something...nobody had a thought to note his number...i just questioned him why the hell was he speeding like this inside a colony...the moron actually had not even apologized or helped to take the vehicle of me...then i walked home...on reaching home in a groggy state ...while trying to remove my helmet..it was then only i realized that my arm was broken...on reaching the hospital they told me that i had a hairline fracture of my radius and scaphoid bone...GOD knows how painful it is to move the fractured part to various positions to take the xray...then followed the cast putting scenario...amidst the pain .. still in the corner of my mind i felt relieved that it was a conservative management...after going home, during the pain i had flashbacks of the ortho ward..where the patients used to complain despite giving the painkiller injections...we were helpless then..then the next two days i spent so angrily questioning why it happened to me.....the unknown person who knocked me down..i felt very angry that i dont deserve to suffer all this for no bloody fault of mine ...y i hadn't started 5 minutes earlier or five minutes later this wouldn't have happened at all...bone pain is one of the worst forms of pain...even though only hairline fracture it was terrible...after a day or so..the plaster of paris powder started coming off...my fingers that got in touch with the powder was itching like hell...i thought 'oh no am i having an allergic reaction?'...i just literally wanted to rip open the cast..it was itching the whole night i couldnt sleep...next day i woke up thinking how good it would have been if all of it would have been a bad dream.NO IT WAS NOT A DREAM..after two days of my accident i had to return to duty coz there was shortage of duty doctors in that hospital(yes!!!!!it was an incredibly stupid decision)..i had made stupider decisions before but this could easily make to the top ten because i was with my cast....my patients often stared at the cast when i asked for their complaints or looked at me pitifully...some commented that they should wait for someone else etc....the FRUSTRATION WAS REAL..i couldn't even comb my hair myself...just imagine we cant do anything with one hand...more than the physical pain and the itching set off by the powder this was taking a toll on me mentally...i felt more alone than ever...i needed to talk to a someone all the time..IT IS THE TOUGH TIMES THAT SHOW WHO REALLY IS THERE FOR US!!....i felt that i was troubling my parents even more...at the hospital i needed the help of my patient attender to help me put my stethoscope...some patients were happily ready to help me compared to some of the nurses who acted indifferent..God knows why...then after going home i couldn't even open my food parcel till someone got home to help me....the frustration,the neediness,the self pity...the loneliness..i felt as though i was maimed though i knew it was only temporary....those were horrible days.....the worst was yet to come...two days after i had removed my POP that morning my parents had an accident...an over-speeding car knocked them down..they say they are lucky to be alive....this time i was completely shattered....my dad had minor injuries...but my mom sustained fracture in her foot...i knew what it was ...this time its not hairline fracture...but again i gasped thinking that the treatment is at least conservative....2018 could have easily been my worst year...i had lost my grandmother two months before my accident...

so before you drive hastily just think.... a persons life can be so much changed with a difference of your driving speed....you drive properly not just for your own safety....please drive keeping in mind the safety of others.....my intent of writing this post is to tell this message ...am sorry if i had been too cliche' or lamenting  much...but i just wrote whatever happened to me..so i couldnt help it...i had PTSD KIND of reaction for a long time on the road after the accident during driving...but now i drive very slowly...nd manage to spam everyone on the road with multiple horn sounds on the turning just to make sure u know!!!!!
REALLY STAYING HEALTHY ITSELF IS A BLESSING....IT SHOULD BE COUNTED
even now it feels so good to be typing with both hands....☺

Comments


No comments:

Post a Comment